jueves, 14 de febrero de 2013

Cast Away

 
I was so excited with anticipation of my short vacation on my hometown of San Juan, a small town in southern Batangas province. At last!!! I was able to take a long vacation for more than 7 days. Since I started working, I never had a chance to take longer vacation because of few reasons.
 
Immediately after going out from the airport, my friend's husband picked me up and got me from the airport on time. Then, I went down to the nearest MRT station so that I could take a bus going to the province and I travelled 3 hours from Manila to San Juan. Shortly, after I arrived home, I unpacked my bag and I gave my mom her presents.
 
I also attended my sister's wedding in Manila. I only stayed in Manila for less than 36 hours because I had to go back in the province to settle important things in different government agencies and banks.
 
In the next few days, I paid tribute to visit my relatives which I always did constantly in the past. As I expected, they named and called me to a name which does not belong to me and even to my surprise, my godmother called the same name. Should I just call it constant mistake on their end? After visiting them, I decided to go back home and I chose to walk again in short distance with a rocky hills instead of a walking in a long distance plateau. I'd rather walk in a hilly & rocky road because I can see the blue calm water & seaside.
 
While walking, I was very upset because I realised again that I am living in someone's shadow. "Like  Bitter Gourd or Dark Chocolate, it is good to our health." Maybe for them, it is better to remember me as someone who is not me. Well, I think this is life. I only have one hope of visiting them again in the future because my grandmother's sister-in-law, who has dementia, she remembered me in my own name, she described me as very naughty that is why always remember every time I ask her who I am. I am still wondering why it was so hard to understand their behaviour towards me.
 
A day before I left Philippines, I met few friends and former colleagues.
 



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario