domingo, 31 de marzo de 2013

Last Hurrah For The 1st Quarter - 2013



I woke up early this morning not because I would do the usual routine of running but instead I joined with our company sponsored activities in Pulau Ubin. I was happy that it didn't rain. Moreover, the morning sun rose bright and clear.
 
We started our journey by traversing the narrow sea between mainland Singapore going to its wild life island, Pulau Ubin. We took a bumboat from Changi Point Ferry Terminal, which is near the Changi Village Hawker Centre.
 
After reaching the tiny island, we headed to the meeting place for final briefing and instruction from our Human Resource Department. Then we immediately grouped ourselves in to 4 teams with ten members each for Kayaking.

Kayaking was fun. It is also one of my favourite water sports. A little tidbit; Did you know that Kayaking is a 4000 year old water sport invented by the Eskimos? They needed a flexible craft to use so that they could hunt sea animals.

After three hours of doing the Kayak, we returned to our camp site to eat sumptuous meal. While we were eating the organizer of the event gave their instruction for the next activity.

Our group chose biking as the next activity. Climbing hills on a bicycle isn't everyone's idea of fun yet our group made it more fun by racing to each other and of course the activity would not be complete without taking photos in every move, if you live in a hilly area or you're traveling through hills. I did not experience a moment of silence. Biking  is a physical activity that contributes to well-being and as a form of exercise, this is becoming essential to have a good health.


Last activity hiking, which they called as wild bingo. This activity drained lots of energy.

We were very tired but happy.

Today is the last day of first quarter of 2013 and I am now looking forward to continue travelling around the globe; doing good at my workplace; giving & sharing more blessings to my family; doing a little charity work if time will permit me; shopping things that I like; engaging with people to know more people; attending social gathering to enhance my social skill and above all - praying & worshiping Lord Jesus Christ.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario